Friday, May 23, 2008

Barrio Beatz





It's been a ridiculously busy and stressful week in work - up early every morning alternating between Bargoed and Briton Ferry. So busy that I had to postpone today's project because I hadn't had time to prepare properly for it. The bonus being that I could stay late at Barrio Beatz, or so I thought until the post-stress migraine kicked in at half past six. Incredibly frustrating - I still feel dazed, and a night's salsa was out of the question last night.

Instead, I took my camera along. I've put a whole stack of pictures on the Salsa Cardiff Facebook group and I've also added some of the best ones to my salsa set on Flickr. My technique needs a bit of fine tuning (pretty much anyone I photographed in the first half hour ended up as an artistic but unrecognisable blur) but I'm getting there.

Bar Risa was really full and everyone I photographed seemed to be smiling, so let's hope that it'll be repeated. If I get over the migraine I'll be out at La Tasca tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom,

Nice to you guys on Thursday & to be back in Cardiff in some capacity thanks to Andy!

Hope you don't mind I lifted some of your 'artistic' photos for the SalsaMania website and the Thursday page which I'm also promoting from my end ... anyway I thought they were great.

Take care and see you for the next one maybe?