Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bar Q

I finally got around to visiting Bar Q again on Sunday. They'd moved the class to the top floor, which I think (and hope) is temporary: it was ridiculously warm. At least there was a chillout room at the back with air conditioning going full blast, so you could cool down for five minutes before getting back to the dancefloor. I did the intermediate class, which was the first one I've done for a while. It was good: I think 45 minutes is just the right length to learn a sequence you can actually remember. For some reason (maybe because I've actually started getting a bit of exercise over the last few days) I was in a much better frame of mind for dancing than I have been for weeks. I had a great time in the free dancing and lay awake buzzing for ages when I got home.

Off to Brittany from Friday: if I manage to score some salsa when I'm over there I'll post a report when I get back.

No comments: