Friday, July 13, 2007

Tired but happy

Not many people in Risa last night again, so I wasn't expecting a great night. But I had a really good time. Nice to have some different music, particularly those long salsaton tracks. At least, it's nice when you've got the right person to dance with - with some people I find I've 'said' all I have to say on the dance floor in three minutes, but I was lucky last night.

It was good to have an easy, gentle and relaxed proper dance, rather than rueda, with Kate. The other standout dance of the evening was Sally who I last danced with in Swansea months ago. I thought she was good then, but a ten-minute track last night revealed that she's a terrific dancer with bags of style and poise (and a sense of humour, necessary for some of the moves I tried out on her). She's someone you can have a dance 'conversation' with: doing the same move with different timing, exaggerating pauses and playing with the beat, and improvising.

I used to know several women who I could dance with like that, but one has retired with a bad case of NDB* and the other two haven't been out for months.

*Non-dancing boyfriend

No comments: