Monday, April 04, 2005

Glasgow

The original plan was to get to the Favela (formerly Cuba Norte) for Farah and Duncan's Thursday night Cuban class and some rueda. Didn't work out like that - I couldn't get there in time for the class - so I went to Havana on Hope Street instead for some CBL. I got there just before 10 as a very crowded beginners/improvers class was ending. In the free dancing people were much better at dancing compactly and sticking to their own space than in Cardiff. (Maybe that's a result of learning in such crowded conditions). None of the "I'm going to do the moves I want and everyone else can get out of my way" attitude you sometimes see here.

Good standard, generally friendly, and I had some nice dances there, but god it was hot and crowded! I'll certainly go again the next time I'm in Glasgow.

No comments: