Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Back on track

Finally back on track, I hope: work has really got in the way of dancing recently. I went to O'Neills last night after only managing to get to salsa twice in the previous month. (I usually reckon I miss it if I go less than twice a week). Women a bit thin on the ground (several people I'd expect to dance with were away) but an hour or so's relaxed dancing has made me feel a lot better.

I never used to take salsa seriously as exercise, but I've noticed a drop in fitness. I recently did a little sum for those of you who are trying to justify your addiction: most salsa is around 45-55 bars per minute. 3 steps to a bar means an average of 150 steps a minute. So 67 minutes of salsa gets you the ten thousand steps needed to maintain basic fitness.

"I'm so glad you told me that, I hate aerobics!" (dancer in the Toad a few weeks ago).

No comments: