Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cuba

Haven't been to Bar Cuba for ages, but I went along with Sarah last night. I was expecting lots of smoke and lots of drunks, but it was great: a really nice relaxed atmosphere, good music and nice people to dance with. Now's the time to go (before it fills up with drunk students in October).

I got to try out some of the moves from the advanced workshop, and Sarah taught me how to do 'Coca-Cola' properly (she leads it very well.) It was great to dance with her: she manages to follow 'experimental' moves and multiple spins that I wouldn't dare try on anyone else.

A couple of weeks ago I overheard some teenage girls in the street walking past our house. One of them said "Sometimes I don't go dancing for ages and then I just have to go - it's scary." I know exactly what she meant: I couldn't believe how much better (physically and mentally) I felt this morning after a good night's dancing.

No comments: