Friday, June 09, 2006

Sweat

I need to get some more obedient transport.

For example, I really did mean to go to the Spanish conversation group at Chapter last night, but for some reason my car went straight ahead - towards Bar Risa - instead of turning left.

I haven't been to one of Andy's classes for a while. This one was really good (one woman described it as 'brilliant') - a series of relatively easy moves (I already knew most of them, but there were also some nice ones which I'd forgotten) linked together with variations.

I'm used to venues that feel warm once you start dancing, but at Bar Risa the heat hit you when you walked in the door. Peter reckoned it was the hottest he'd ever been at salsa. Apparently Andy asked them to turn the air conditioning up but it was already going full blast. You can tell it was designed for a sedentary audience and not for dancers.

Despite the heat it was a good night, highlights including one woman who's improved out of all recognition since I last danced with her a few months ago. Plenty of other nice people to dance with, and when I fancied a rest there was good dancing to watch as well.

This morning I made a firm decision that after a hot and sweaty night I should cycle to work the easy 25-minute way. But after a couple of hundred yards my bike decided it would rather do the 25 kilometre hilly route. Getting there was fine but riding home after a night's salsa and a day in a hot office was less like fun.

Andy will apparently be putting more details of his workshops on his site this weekend. And Kate tells me she has plans for some rueda workshops which should be good.

No comments: