Thursday, June 15, 2006

La Rueda

Kate is hoping to run a new la rueda course soon. You don't need any experience of la rueda but you do need to be a competent salsa dancer. It will probably be a five week course, with the first hour for rueda beginners and the second hour for improvers. (I think I'm a deteriorater rather than an improver - in other words I used to know quite a lot of rueda but I've forgotten most of it.)

I went on the course she did a couple of years ago which was excellent. We learnt a lot of cool Cuban moves and we all got to try calling the moves, swapping roles (ie women leading) and two-couple rueda. Kate's style of rueda is fast, lively and a lot of fun.

An improver I know told me that he found the rueda session she did at Bar Risa recently had been really useful for his dancing overall - it teaches you to dance dynamically and to pay attention to the rhythm, and quite a lot of the moves can be used in ordinary dancing.

If you're interested, email her - it'll only happen if enough people express interest.

No comments: