Friday, November 24, 2006

Si tu sientes una pena

si ti sufres mil dolores
Yo tengo una receta
Para que tu te mejores

(If you feel a pain, if you're suffering a thousand sorrows, I've got a recipe that will make you feel better).

And the cure to your problems, according to the lyrics, is of course dancing. Works, too - though 'a thousand sorrows' is pushing it, one night in Risa and a frustrating and tiring week at work seems irrelevant.

Andy's intermediate class just seems to keep getting better. He spends the first half of the class focusing on getting basic technique absolutely right, and it's surprising how much difference very small adjustments make. Moves I've been doing for years, adequately, suddenly seem much nicer and more enjoyable. The sequence at the end was good, too.

At one point I found myself dancing with Sara and Helen one after the other, and decided to see if I could lead a double spin off that tricky lead at the end. No problem, so how about three...so of course the next one had to go one better. I'm not going to say who did the most but at one point we got to 5 (though by that time we were well into the next measure). It's easy with women with such good technique - they're both great to dance with, and I had a lovely dance with Sara in the free dancing later.

Nathalie was back (she's partnering Rohan at the Gate on Saturday). Really nice to dance with her again. I should be at the Gate on Saturday (if I'm really lucky I might even persuade Sarah with an h to come along).

Finally, quick non-salsa matter: if anyone knows where Jill, the talented hairdresser to Cardiff's salsa elite (and me...) is working now, could they tell me or ask her to get in touch? I desperately need a decent haircut and I know I'm not the only one!

No comments: