Friday, November 10, 2006

Francophilia

Or should that be 'Frankiephilia'? As you can see from this clip (click on the post title), Kate's friend from France was so popular last night that he had to dance with three women at once. Sorry it's such a grimy phone video - I will take a decent camera to salsa one of these nights. He's also a great rueda caller: excellent timing, very clear and good moves.

The three fast ruedas I got involved in were the most fun I've had in weeks (and the best exercise I'd had for several days). I'm looking forward to the rueda improvers' course Kate's planning for the New Year. The lesson on Wednesday was great, particularly as Lee was there helping Kate with the teaching: she is so easy to dance with. Interestingly she never goes to salsa lessons, which tends to confirm my theory that if a woman has got rhythm and can really follow she can pick up pretty much else just by dancing.

I also had a dance with Lisa for the first time for months last night. I'd forgotten how good she is - quite inspiring and brings out the best in my dancing (yes Lisa, I'm afraid that's as good as my dancing gets!)

When the free dancing in Risa was upstairs I used to get to 11.30, hot and dehydrated, and wonder if I had the energy to stay any longer. Last night downstairs the time flew by: got to midnight and I wasn't the only one saying "Shit, is that the time? I've got to go to work tomorrow."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Tom,

Thank you so much for the compliment!! I thoroughly enjoyed our dance too...it had been so long!
Im so chuffed that you think i bring out the best in your dancing..that makes me feel great.

Now that the social dancing is downstairs i plan to come regularly again..every week except for this week as off on a weekender on fri so will need to reserve my energy!

take care and see u soon

Lisa x