Friday, July 08, 2005

Trouble is...

...while I'm really looking forward to a fortnight in Morocco – it's over twenty years since I was last in North Africa – I know that it's going to take me weeks to get back up to speed after a fortnight's break. (Can't imagine that there's a big dance scene there, though there is a decent Moroccan salsa track on Putamayo's Salsa around the World compilation.)

I realised after last night that to really keep up the standard and improve I need to go an absolute minimum of twice a week - I let this slip over the winter, unavoidably, and as a result I've felt that my dancing has been pretty pedestrian for months.

So I'm desperately trying to fit in as much dancing as I can before I go. Should be out at least once over the weekend, and I might try Callaghan's on Tuesday even though it's a late start to the free dancing.

No comments: