Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bachata Liscious and more

Roger's Monday night workshops are great. Once a month (ish) Andy runs 'Bachata Liscious'. My bachata is getting sloppy so I decide to do the beginners: really useful as I got individual feedback which has helped me eliminate some major style errors.

The improvers' class featured some Dominican style steps: more complex and less sleazy than Italian style, and gives a very flowing feel. I had wondered why the bachata they dance in Paris looks so much better than what I and most people in Cardiff dance - it's because it's Dominican style.

Monday is Charlotte's next chachachá class, highly recommended. Then on Friday 31st it's a salsa and bachata night with Wilson Castro. September 7th Timbatierra from Bristol are playing live, with Charlotte teaching a 'fun rueda' class.

No comments: