Friday, May 28, 2010

Last night

Not going to make O'Neills tonight - saving my energy for Tasca tomorrow. I went to Mazu's kizomba class again last night, and then on to Risa/Music Hall. Stellan was on the decks which was a revelation: some great tracks, and he kept them short so even if you didn't like the music (or your partner) another one would be along in a couple of minutes.

Some amusing gender-swapping (I think the girls were getting bored with following): at one point Kate was leading LaLa, then Irene cut in on her, and finally Irene junior and partner joined in and the three women spent the rest of the dance swapping between the two male followers.

I had some good dances, even though Lovely Welsh Dancer was leaving just as I arrived :( As usual Andrea inspired me to improvise, which was going fine until I tripped over a loose shoelace during one particularly expressive shine...(I did stay upright, just).

No comments: