Friday, April 30, 2010

Zero

A shame that Zero Degrees has closed - I went last Sunday and really enjoyed the lesson. There were some nice dancers there who you don't see anywhere else. Last Sunday Laura was there - I think I dance with her about once a year, and each time she tells me what a terrible dancer she is because she's so out of practice, and then proceeds to demonstrate that if you have her natural ability lack of practice doesn't really matter.

I hadn't been to Zero for a while, basically because of the zouk. Nothing against the dance, but it's ideally for people who are young, lithe and Brazilian, and I don't fall into any of those categories. I was hoping that it would revert to a pure salsa night now that zouk has its own night (Wednesdays in 10 Feet Tall).

Hoping that La Tasca's going to be as good tomorrow night as it was a couple of weeks ago.

No comments: