Monday, December 01, 2008

Purple Lounge

I've been meaning to go for weeks. I was desperate for some exercise so I dragged myself out into the cold last night, resisting the temptation to slob out in front of the telly (amazingly, there are things worth watching on at the moment).

Good points: nice wooden floor, pleasant ambience (though no a/c). It's not a big room. The class was very small - I think there were ten people there. Good for learning, less good for dancing afterwards. Apparently it's busier sometimes.

As usual with Andy's classes the personal advice was very useful. He's good at pointing out little details that make a huge difference - in this case, how to lead a copa smoothly with an inexperienced partner. And it certainly worked: one woman told me that she'd fallen over trying to do the copa with everyone else there, but not with me. (Though she did manage to fall over later on in the routine...)

I'm hoping that the numbers will pick up as it's a nice way to end the weekend/start the week.

No comments: