Tuesday, May 13, 2008

What's new

Quite a bit going on. One of the main things is Barrio Beats at Bar Risa. Stevie from Salsamania will be playing a mix of salsa, salsaton, reggaeton and other Latin beats until 2 in Bar Risa on Thursday 22nd. Sadly I have to be up early so I won't be able to stay late for this one, but if it's successful the plan is to continue it. Stevie's nights in Bristol are deservedly popular so if this takes off I'm going to have to plan work to avoid important stuff on Fridays.

I've been having a great time dancing lately, including Bar Risa and La Tasca. I've actually been complimented on my Cuban style dancing two weeks running (by two different people) in La Tasca, so Kate's teaching in Barocco is having an effect. La Tasca last Saturday was great. Abby was down from London, and though we mostly danced salsa I actually managed to convince her that bachata can be enjoyable (despite her previously having described the step as 'like a dog against a lamppost'). Patricia arrived later hotfoot from tango, and we've worked out how to do a cross-body lead with tango styling (she worked out how to do it, I've worked out how to lead it).

I'm wondering whether I ought to give tango a go sometime - in the meantime I've downloaded some earthy examples by Melingo from iTunes.

No comments: