Sunday, December 03, 2006

DancaLatina's Christmas Party

How to confuse the person you're dancing with, number one: use a language she doesn't speak. I was so tired last Thursday that I started talking to Nuria in what was intended to be Spanish, then I thought about what I'd said and realised half of it was in Welsh... (I had been working through the medium of Welsh all day.) Nice dance, despite the linguistic confusion, to a long, gentle Latin jazz track. Andy's playing some really good stuff later on a Thursday night now.

This Thursday's Risa is the DancaLatina Xmas Party, with Santa fancy dress, Tony Lara's bachata class, and a Mario and Maria competition. Should be fun, and this week I haven't got to be in Swansea at 8.30 the following day so I should be able to stay late. Andy's been adding bachata to the end of the Thursday classes to get people up to speed for Tony's class. Good move, I think - I'd far rather do bachata than shines. (It's nice to mix up the beginners with the other dancers, as well.) Let's hope he makes it a regular feature.

No comments: