Friday, May 27, 2005

Changes

I nearly didn't go to the Toad last night as I was knackered, but I started enjoying myself as soon as I got there. The class was a good illustration of why a lot of people (including me) think that Andy's the best teacher in Cardiff. The moves were quite unusual but he used them to make more generally applicable points like the importance of keeping arms light/loose and why you need to stay on line, with a lot of individual advice. I was very sceptical about whether one tricky arm-flick was actually leadable on a woman who didn't know it, but it worked on KatewhospeaksSpanish in the free dancing later on. Great to have her back on the scene (she's now teaching the beginners' class).

Definitely got more energy for dancing now summer's here and it seems to be infectious: at least, I'm getting asked for more dances and I haven't been turned down for a while (mind you, I'm going to Bath tomorrow so that might change). I had some really fun dances, including one relative newcomer who definitely has the right attitude.

Andy and Lucy have a new lambada/zouk night starting Monday 6th at Edwards (beginners/improvers classes 8.30-10, dancing until eleven) and a series of Saturday workshops in June and July in Keppoch Street, including bridging (getting from beginner to improver), spinning and leading/following. BTW Fridays have now ended at La Tasca.

No comments: