Tuesday, February 01, 2005

In the Zone/Bachata

Surprised myself by entering the Zone last night: that state of grace where everything works better than usual and the moves just seem to flow without thinking. Haven't been there for a while: hope I manage to revisit it soon.

I've just spotted that Heber, who ran an excellent bachata workshop at Pontins, is now doing monthly workshops in different latin dance styles on a Sunday afternoon in Bristol. The first is on February 13th at the Southville Centre. More details on the 'Special Events' page on salsajive. (The web link from there just goes to the Club Cubana website which doesn't actually have any information that I could find about the workshop). The first one is Bachata and Lamba-Zouk. Subsequent months carry on the Lamba-Zouk while offering tasters in other Brazilian dances. Worth a try, I think.

No comments: