Friday, October 08, 2004

Raising my game

New tactic number one for the Toad last night: have a rest and get there just before the class ends, then grab some quick dances when everyone goes to the bar. Worked well, too: three good dances before the floor started filling up. Including one with the new face I mentioned last week. She really is an amazingly sharp and precise dancer; when I dance with someone as good as that I find myself raising my game and dancing more precisely myself. I have to admit that as a 'fairly uncomplicated' dancer - as I was once described - I'm not sure that I can keep her entertained for more than one dance a night.

The Toad was very crowded again though. One thing I can be pleased about is that I managed to avoid any collisions even with Tarzan flying around (I was wrong the other week when I said he'd improved...) but why don't other people look where they're going/ where they're putting their partners?

Which brings me on to new tactic number two: get on the dancefloor at the beginning of a song and try to stake out some space with some 'big' moves in the hope that we don't get crowded into a corner. Sort of worked for a bit.

Think I need to finally get to Brean Sands in December: I've been dancing for three years and have yet to get to a Pontins - it's about time I tried it.

No comments: